Friday, October 30, 2009

PRAYER FOR THE FAITHFUL DEPARTED



Out of the depths I cry to You, O Lord,
Lord, hear my voice!
O let Your ears be attentive
to the voice of my pleading.
If You, O Lord, should mark our guilt,
Lord, who would survive?
But with You is found forgiveness:
for this we revere You.
My soul is waiting for the Lord,
I count on His word.
My soul is longing for the Lord
more than the watchman for daybreak
(Let the watchman count on daybreak and Israel on the Lord)
Because with the Lord there is mercy and fullness of redemption,
Israel indeed he will redeem
from all its iniquity.

Eternal rest grant to them, O Lord.
And let perpetual light shine upon them.

May they rest in peace.

Amen.

O Lord hear my prayer.

And let my cry come to You.


Let us pray:
O God the Creator and Redeemer of all the faithful, grant to the souls of Your servants departed the remissions of that through our pious supplication they may obtain that pardonwhich they have always desired; who live and reign for ever and ever.
Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment